To keep teeth bright white, it’s crucial to first keep them healthy. If your teeth and gums are in poor health, your dentist will recommend postponing whitening treatment until your dental health improves. Regular dental exams and cleanings are crucial for achieving and maintaining a healthy mouth.
It is not recommended to undergo teeth whitening treatment too frequently; it’s best to ask your dentist how often you should have it done. Generally, dentists recommend using teeth whitening treatments no more than every three to six months. Regular visits with your dentist will help ensure you have a healthy, dazzling smile.
How Can I Prolong My Teeth Whitening Results?
By following these simple daily steps, you can maintain a brighter smile after professional teeth whitening treatment:
- Use a home whitening kit: When your teeth start to look dull, whitening at home can give your teeth a bright boost. Discuss your options with your dentist.
- Schedule regular cleanings: Routine dental exams keep your teeth healthy and strong.
- Brush with a whitening toothpaste: Diligent oral hygiene keeps teeth clean and bright.
- Use a straw: When possible, try to drink dark-colored liquids through a straw.
- Rinse your mouth: Follow up your glass of wine or cup of coffee by rinsing your mouth out with water.
- Stay hydrated: Generally, water is useful for rinsing away the staining compounds from dark-colored foods and drinks that stain enamel. In addition to rinsing after certain drinks and meals, drink plenty of water throughout the day.
What Are the Consequences of Excessive Teeth Whitening?
Professional teeth whitening services are completely safe and create bright, beautiful smiles. However, excessive teeth whitening can cause side effects, such as:
- Thinning tooth enamel: Teeth that look blue or transparent can be a warning sign of thinning tooth enamel and possible nerve damage in the future.
- Inflamed or bleeding gums: Contact your dentist immediately if you have a reaction to whitening ingredients.
- Tooth sensitivity: This is a common side effect of leaving a whitening treatment on for too long.
Schedule Your Teeth Whitening Consultation Today
To learn more about the professional teeth whitening services available at The Smile Centre, contact us today to schedule an appointment in Sarasota. Call Palm Aire at 941-351-4468.