Embarrassing chips and other flaws on your teeth may cause you to feel self-conscious and hide your smile. Fortunately, dental veneers can help restore your smile and confidence. Porcelain veneers are thin, custom, non-removable tooth prosthetics. Fabricated to have a lifelike shape and color, veneers can provide the Hollywood smile you’ve always wanted.
The experienced dentists at The Smile Centre are passionate about creating gorgeous, healthy smiles. To learn how we can help you, call today to schedule a free consultation at one of our three office locations. If you live in the Sarasota area of Florida, contact our Palm Aire location online or at 941-351-4468 or our South Trail office at 941-366-3636. If you live in or around Florida, please contact us online or at 941-497-5451. We happily welcome patients from across Florida, including Sarasota, and Bradenton.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin shells of dental ceramic, bonded to the front surface your existing teeth to mask a wide range of aesthetic flaws. These versatile restorations can be colored to either perfectly match the rest of your teeth, or whitened to create a smile that is brilliantly white.
Porcelain veneers can be bonded to just one or two teeth to correct specific problems, or they can be used on all your teeth to give you a dazzling, bright white smile. During your initial consultation, we will discuss your unique concerns, explain all of your treatment options and determine if you are a good candidate for porcelain veneers.
What Issues Can Dental Veneers Address?
Dental veneers are placed to conceal a variety of cosmetic problems, from severe issues that affect multiple teeth to minor flaws that only involve one tooth. Some of the dental imperfections that our experienced dentists can correct with porcelain veneers include:
- Misshapen teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Severely worn teeth
- Cracked or chipped teeth
- Uneven teeth
If you are struggling with one or more of these common cosmetic dental problems, you will be delighted at how well porcelain veneers can improve the appearance of your smile and significantly boost your self-confidence. Contact The Smile Centre today to learn more.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are aesthetically stunning, but their radiant beauty isn’t the only benefit of these effective restorations. Porcelain veneers are:
- Versatile: Veneers can be used to conceal several aesthetic issues at once and can serve as effective alternatives to other treatments such as braces in appropriate situations.
- Durable: Although they look delicate, porcelain veneers are quite durable and able to function like your natural teeth.
- Resilient: Veneers resist discoloration, stains, breaking and scratching. With proper care, your veneers should remain bright, white and beautiful for a very long time.
- Customized: Whether for one tooth or several teeth, porcelain veneers are fully customized to meet your unique needs and the specific color of your existing or ideal smile.
- Beautiful: Porcelain veneers look like natural, attractive teeth, custom-crafted to the brightness you desire, with a lifelike luster.
- Convenient: Porcelain veneers can perfect your smile comfortably, in just a few short weeks.
Not only can porcelain veneers provide beautiful, long-lasting results, they can make a dramatic improvement to your self-image and overall quality of life. When you feel confident in your smile, you share it more often, allowing the real you to shine through in social and professional interactions.
Are Teeth Veneers Right for Me?
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your smile, you may already be a great candidate for porcelain veneers. Another benefit of dental veneers is that they are an ideal cosmetic dentistry solution for almost everyone. If you have generally good dental health, strong teeth and healthy gums, veneers may be right for you.
The first step in determining if you are a good candidate for porcelain veneers is to meet personally with one of our knowledgeable dentists in an initial, confidential consultation. During this one-on-one meeting, our dentist will assess the state of your oral health, listen to your goals, answer your questions and address your concerns. Your candidacy for veneers will be determined and all of your treatment options will be thoroughly explained. You will discuss various aspects of your veneer treatment, including:
- Your unique aesthetic goals: One of the first things we will do is determine which treatment options can best meet your unique goals. By first understanding what you’d like to change about your smile, we can effectively develop a customized treatment plan to help you achieve your goals.
- Your expectations for results: Dental veneers are versatile dental restorations, but it’s important to have a clear understanding of what they can and can’t deliver. We will work to set honest expectations of your treatment. For example, teeth veneers may be a good solution to correct teeth that are mildly crooked, but more pronounced misalignment issues may require more extensive treatment, such as Invisalign. If you suffer from severely crooked teeth, traditional metal braces may be more appropriate. In every situation, we will be honest and straight-forward with you, ensuring every decision made is in the best interest of your safety, satisfaction and dental health.
- How quickly you want to see results: While some dental treatments can take months to achieve the final outcome, tooth veneers provide results quickly. This makes them a great option for patients who would prefer an improved smile in just a few office visits.
- How long you want your results to last: Dental veneers deliver long-lasting results. They are durable, and stain and damage resistant. Although it’s possible that they may need to be replaced at some point, with proper care, you should be able to enjoy your results for decades to come.
While there are certainly a number of advantages to choosing dental veneers, these qualities may or may not be specifically beneficial to you. At The Smile Centre, our ultimate goal is always to approach your treatment needs in an individualized manner. We work to find solutions that meet your unique goals, expectations, timelines and condition. During your private consultation, one of our highly-trained dentists will determine if veneers are right for you and explain all of your treatment options so that you can make an informed decision about your own dental care.
Schedule Your Veneers Consultation Today
To learn more about porcelain veneers and your candidacy for the procedure, contact us today by completing the form on this page or calling to schedule a free consultation. If you live in the Sarasota area of Florida, contact our Palm Aire location online or at 941-351-4468 or our South Trail office at 941-366-3636. If you live in or around Florida, please contact us online or at 941-497-5451. The Smile Centre proudly serves the Sarasota, and Bradenton area of Florida.