Straight teeth and an aligned bite help more than just the appearance of your smile; they help maintain the health and functionality of your teeth. Whether you are seeking adult orthodontics such as Invisalign® for yourself or orthodontic treatment for your child, the experienced dentists at The Smile Centre offer a variety of treatment options for every member of your family.
If you live in the Sarasota, Bradenton area of Florida and would like to learn more about Invisalign and our other orthodontic treatment options, please contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation. If you live in the Sarasota area of Florida, contact our Palm Aire location online or at 941-351-4468 or our South Trail office at 941-366-3636. If you live in or around Florida, please contact us online or at 941-497-5451.
This page covers the following topics:
- What Is Invisalign?
- What Can Invisalign Correct?
- What Are The Benefits of Invisalign?
- Best Candidates For Invisalign Treatment
- The Smile Centre Is a Silver Invisalign Provider
- Traditional Metal Braces
- How Do Straight Teeth Impact Your Health?
- Why Choose The Smile Centre for Your Orthodontic Treatment?
- Schedule Your Free Orthodontic Consultation Today
The advanced Invisalign system utilizes a series of clear, removable, soft plastic aligners to gradually align your teeth. These comfortable aligner trays fit snuggly over your teeth to gradually create a straight, stunning smile. While Invisalign corrects mild to moderate spacing and overcrowding problems; the treatment might not be suitable for more extreme cases of misalignment.
Invisalign may be a good option if you experience mild to moderate issues involving:
- Gaps between teeth
- Teeth Crowding
- Open bite
Our experienced dentists will evaluate your bite and recommend the orthodontic solution that best meets your needs, budget and lifestyle. Depending on your unique situation, metal braces or porcelain veneers may be viable alternatives to Invisalign.
Invisalign provides a unique opportunity to straighten your teeth without the appearance or discomfort associated with conventional braces. The brackets and wires used in metal braces can cut and irritate your inner lips and cheeks. However, the clear, smooth alignment trays used in the Invisalign system are completely comfortable and discreet.
Invisalign is an ideal orthodontic solution for many of our patients because of its many advantages over metal braces. These benefits include:
- Invisible treatment: The clear aligners used in the Invisalign system are practically invisible to other people. This makes them an attractive alternative to traditional braces.
- Quicker treatment: The Invisalign process is typically quicker than metal braces. How long will it take for you to complete the process and attain your final results? The answer depends on your individual situation. Most adults typically achieve optimal results after 12 months.
- Comfort: The edges of Invisalign’s soft plastic aligners are smooth and comfortable, preventing irritation to your lips and gums during the treatment process.
- Eat the food you love: You’ll need to wear your Invisalign aligner trays at least 20-22 hours a day. However, unlike wires and brackets, you can slip your plastic aligners out whenever you choose. This added convenience permits you to enjoy all the foods you love and continue your regular dental hygiene routine.
- Customization: Invisalign’s alignment trays tailored specifically for you. This will ensure that your oral structure and individual; needs are effectively addressed.
- Fewer office visits: Unlike metal braces that require frequent dental visits for adjustments, Invisalign patients only need to come in for a checkup once every four to six weeks to ensure the straightening process is advancing properly. You will switch to a new set of aligner trays every two weeks.
The Invisalign system is a revolutionary way to straighten teeth discreetly, comfortably and conveniently. However, the treatment is not ideal for every patient. Generally speaking, you may be an ideal Invisalign candidate if you:
- Experience mild to moderate alignment issues. Severe bite problems may require more extensive orthodontic treatment or restoration work
- Do not smoke or are willing to quit before treatment
- Are able to visit our office every four to six weeks for a check-up.
- Are committed to wearing your aligners for 10-12 months, for a minimum of 20-22 hours every day. You can remove your trays at any time to brush, floss, eat or drink, but you wear them diligently throughout the rest of the day.
During your initial consultation at The Smile centre, one of our experienced dentists will examine your misalignment issues and determine if Invisalign or other orthodontic treatment options is best suited for your unique needs.
When choosing your Invisalign provider, it’s important to feel confident in your dentist’s ability to effectively correct your alignment issues. The Smile Centre is proud to be recognized by Invisalign as a Silver Invisalign Provider. This distinction signifies that our dentists have achieved a qualifying level of Invisalign experience over a specific time frame.
When you choose The Smile Centre, you can expect the highest levels of quality and personalized attention. But don’t just take our word for it, we encourage you to visit our before-and-after gallery to see our outstanding results for yourself.
No two patients are the same, and your ideal orthodontic treatment depends on a variety of factors, such as your budget, lifestyle and the condition of your oral structure. In order to ensure you receive the highest quality of orthodontic care, The Smile Centre is proud to offer an alternative solution for patients who are not ideal candidates for Invisalign.
Today’s metal braces are smaller and more comfortable than ever. They can create beautiful, healthy smiles for patients of all ages. One of the most common orthodontic treatments available, metal braces are a trusted way to get the straight smile you deserve. Using a system of metal brackets, wires and bands, braces guide your teeth to their desired position over the course of 18 months to two years.
Due to the nature of metal braces, it’s important to be diligent about frequent and thorough brushing, as bits of food can easily become lodged in the brackets and wires. Certain foods can also bend, dislodge or break wires and brackets, such as:
- Hard, sticky and/or chewy candies
- Corn on the cob
- Ice cubes
- Tortilla chips
- Potato chips
- Pizza crust
- Hard taco shells
- Bagels and crusty breads
Metal braces are made of high-grade stainless steel. Their proven effectiveness has improved the look and function of smiles for generations of adults and children alike.
The benefits of having a beautifully aligned smile can improve several aspects of your life. Following successful orthodontic treatment, you may experience:
- Healthier teeth and gums: Tooth misalignment is more than just an aesthetic concern. Cleaning teeth is more difficult when they are not properly aligned, resulting in cavities, gum disease and more. Straight teeth are easy to clean, and a healthy smile can serve you for years to come.
- Prevention of other dental issues: Tooth decay and gum disease aren’t the only problems that can result from a misaligned bite. Misaligned teeth can cause headaches and jaw pain related to Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMJ). A bad bite can also lead to chewing dysfunction and difficulty speaking.
- Improved overall health: Research has linked gum disease to a number of general health problems, including heart disease, diabetes, kidney disease, osteoporosis, asthma, Alzheimer’s and cancer. Because straight teeth are easier to clean, it’s also easier to avoid gum disease and its associated general health risks.
Patients have trusted The Smile Centre to keep their teeth straight and healthy for more than 30 years. Why do so many choose us for their dental care?
- Experience: For more than three decades, The Smile Center has helped patients achieve healthy, beautiful smiles. This extensive experience allows us to provide a level of quality you’ll rarely find at other practices.
- Individualized attention: The best results never come from a cookie-cutter approach to dental care. Our compassionate team respects you as an individual, and will design a treatment plan customized specifically for your unique goals and oral structure.
- A team that really cares: We know how important it is to have a strong, gorgeous smile. In fact, every member of our team is personally committed to helping our patients attain optimal oral health and the self-confidence that accompanies a healthy, attractive smile.
- Advanced techniques and technology: At The Smile center, we don’t chase the latest fad or trend. We use proven techniques and the most advanced technology available to produce safe, effective and unparalleled results.
- Multidisciplinary approach: Over the course of our 30 years in the community, we have seen a diverse range of patients and unique dental needs. Thanks to our breadth of knowledge and experience, we can effectively use a multidisciplinary approach to address even the most complex cosmetic and oral health issues.
To learn more about Invisalign or metal braces, contact The Smile Centre today by completing the form on this page or calling to schedule your free orthodontic consultation. If you live in the Sarasota area of Florida, contact our Palm Aire location online or at 941-351-4468 or our South Trail office at 941-366-3636. If you live in or around Florida, please contact us online or at 941-497-5451. We happily welcome patients from in and around the Sarasota, Bradenton area of Florida.