We hope this message finds you and your loved ones in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority at The Smile Centre. We are always focused on the health and safety of our patients and team. The Smile Centre has always been committed to the infection control requirements set by the ADA, CDC, and OSHA to maintain a sterile environment. We are up-to-date with the agencies' issued guidance and recommendations, and we will continue to exceed these requirements with extra precaution. Our response to COVID-19 is comprehensive and meticulous.
Starting Monday, May 11th, we are opening our office for all types of dental appointments. We wold like to tell you about the infection control procedures that we have put in place to keep patients and staff safe:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask screening questions. We will screen again when you arrive to the office.
- We will perform a curbside check-in process via text or call when you arrive to eliminate a reception waiting lobby area.
- During this check-in process, we have integrated no-contact thermometers for temperature checks.
- We have hand sanitizer stationed at the front door that you will be asked to use upon entering as well as more sanitizer stocked throughout the office.
- We ask that only the patient enter the office for the appointment. Family or friends are asked to wait outside or in the car.
- We are extending the time between and staggering appointments to keep our check-ins and check-out patients separated and to reduce any hallway interaction.
- We will only have one doctor and one hygienist on staff per day to minimize patient flow at a maximum of 50% capacity.
- Appointment times will be longer to allow for double sanitizing and thorough OSHA standards and screenings.
- Paperless treatment plans, statements, and receipts are available via email upon request.
- We are committed to be extremely intentional with our time, conserve PPE, and make our community a safer and healthier place.
- We have upgraded our PPE for our staff including protective eyewear, face shields, closed jackets, masks, etc.
All of our efforts and focus are geared towards a safe and comfortable environment. In addition, we have integrated Teledentistry options to host a virtual dental experience online. We are also considering extending our hours to provide accommodating and convenient appointment times. We understand that some of you may be homeschooling, at home with your children, working from home, or perhaps you used your PTO and cannot take time from work. We are here for you. Our providers will offer concierge hours upon request, and we will do our best to see everyone.
The Smile Centre team looks forward to seeing you again! We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient in our practice, safe and healthy. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we work together. As we restructure our schedule, we are working very hard to get all of our patients' dental care back on track in a timely manner. We respectfully ask for your assistance to confirm or reschedule your appointment.
Please click below or call with any questions, so we can get back to providing the care our beloved patients and community expect and deserve. Stay tuned on our Facebook and Instagram with frequent updates.