Good oral health is the foundation of a world-class smile. Not only are healthy teeth beautiful, but dental health can prevent the need for more invasive treatments. Since 1986, The Smile Centre has helped adults, children, teens and seniors meet their dental needs with the highest levels of quality, safety and individualized patient care.
At The Smile Centre, we believe everyone deserves a strong, healthy, gorgeous smile. To learn how we can help you achieve optimal oral health and the smile of your dreams, please call today to schedule a free consultation at one of our three convenient locations. If you live in the Sarasota area of Florida, contact our Palm Aire location online or at 941-351-4468 or our South Trail office at 941-366-3636. If you live in or around Florida, please contact us online or at 941-497-5451. We welcome patients from throughout Florida, including Sarasota, and Bradenton.
Our General and Family Dental Services
The goal of general dentistry is to prevent, diagnose and treat dental problems. Restorative dentistry rebuilds a functional, healthy oral cavity, whether you are missing teeth or have vulnerable teeth.
The dentists at The Smile Centre provide comprehensive general dentistry services, and with a few exceptions, we can address all of your dental problems under one roof – there's no running back and forth between specialists and your general dentist.
General and family dental services at The Smile Centre include:
- Dental Implants: The gold standard of tooth-replacement options, dental implants can replace your tooth right down to the root. It the strongest, most long-lasting option available for tooth-replacement.
- Dental Crowns and Bridges: Dental crowns and bridges can address the functional and aesthetic issues that arise from damaged or missing teeth.
- Full and partial dentures: If you are missing one or more teeth, full and partial dentures are reliable ways to restore your smile. Implant-supported dentures are a durable, long-lasting way to restore the strength and functionality of your bite.
- Porcelain fillings: Tooth-colored fillings are not only attractive and color-matched to your natural teeth, they can be used as a first-time cavity treatment or as a safe replacement for old metal fillings.
- Root Canal Therapy: This treatment is performed to repair and salvage teeth that are decayed or infected. The tooth’s nerve and pulp are extracted and the interior of the tooth is sealed after a thorough cleaning.
- Tooth Extraction: Removing a tooth, such as a wisdom tooth, is typically a simple procedure. A more involved procedure may be necessary for teeth that are broken, impacted or below the gum line.
- TMJ Treatment: The term TMJ, also referred to as TMD, refers to temporomandibular joint disorder. This dangerous health issue occurs when your jaw is misaligned. TMJ can be responsible for a variety of seemingly unrelated symptoms, including migraine-like headaches, jaw clicking and popping, back pain, and more.
- Sleep Apnea Treatment: Snoring can be more than an annoying disruption; it can be a sign of a dangerous condition called sleep apnea. The Smile centre can help to determine the cause of your restless nights and improve your quality of sleep.
- Full Mouth Reconstruction: If you suffer from a variety of dental issues that cannot be addressed in a single treatment, our skilled dentists can help you attain optimal oral health and a beautiful smile with full mouth reconstruction.
- Emergency Dentistry: The Smile Centre cares about you and your dental emergency. Although our office is not open 24/7, we will make every effort to schedule your emergency treatment as quickly as possible. If you are experiencing a serious emergency, call 911 or visit your nearest urgent care facility.
When you visit one of The Smile Centre’s three locations for a consultation, we will discuss a treatment plan with you with the goal of achieving your best dental health, including treating any current dental problems.
Comprehensive Dentistry for the Entire Family
At The Smile Centre, we make it easy for you and your whole family to get the gentle, compassionate and comprehensive dental care you need in a warm and welcoming environment. All patients, from children to seniors, are welcome at The Smile Centre. Our highly-trained dentists have experience treating a broad range of conditions, and we know how dental needs change throughout patients’ lifetimes.
It’s never too early or too late to improve your dental health. We pride ourselves on being more than just another dental practice; we are a dental home. When you visit any one of our friendly offices, you will feel the difference in our commitment to compassionate care and personal connection.
Early experiences with a dentist can have a significant effect on a child as he or she moves into adulthood. At The Smile Centre, we know how important it is to create positive dental memories that will endure for years. Our team of dental professionals is committed to helping your child with kind, gentle care.
We will teach your child dental hygiene basics and recommend ways that you can help your child establish strong dental habits that will last a lifetime.
A few ways you can begin to make a positive impact on your child’s future dental health include:
- Schedule and keep regular dental visits
- Avoid sharing any negative dental experiences with your child
- Avoid using words like “pain” or “hurt” when discussing the dentist
- Demonstrate good oral hygiene yourself
- Use fluoride toothpaste from the start
- Floss every day
While our friendly and gentle approach helps younger patients feel at ease, we know that the nature of some procedures can still cause anxiety. If your child is frightened or nervous about dental care, please inquire about the option of nitrous oxide. We are conservative in our sedation dentistry services, and in appropriate cases, can safely provide younger patients with a level of assisted comfort.
The Smile Centre Difference
The Smile Centre family is passionate about helping you maintain exceptional oral health and preventing dental issues from occurring. When conditions such as gum disease or tooth decay occur, he will provide prompt, effective treatment to prevent your minor issue from becoming a major problem.
Left untreated, oral health problems can lead to complications such as tooth loss, sensitivity and irritation, and chronic bad breath. Even more serious, some oral health issues are linked to systemic health issues and can affect your overall well-being. Hypertension, heart disease, stroke and pregnancy complications, and more have been linked to problems affecting the teeth and gums.
We know that the key to great dental health lies in individualized, patient-focused care. We never take a one-size-fits-all approach to patient health. We will work with you to understand your oral condition and unique goals. We will carefully explain all of your treatment options and recommend a customized plan that addresses your unique needs.
Contact The Smile Centre Today
If you would like to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced general and family dentists, please call us today. If you live in the Sarasota area of Florida, contact our Palm Aire location online or at 941-351-4468 or our South Trail office at 941-366-3636. If you live in or around Florida, please contact us online or at 941-497-5451. With three convenient locations, we proudly serve families throughout the region, including Sarasota, Bradenton, Florida.