Dental crowns and bridges are all-porcelain or all-gold restorations that protect damaged teeth. Dental crowns can be used to protect individual teeth, as part of a dental implant or as part of a dental bridge to replace multiple missing teeth. They are a great way to restore a beautiful, healthy, natural-looking smile.
If you struggle with missing or damaged teeth, contact The Smile Centre today by completing the form on this page or calling us to schedule a free initial consultation. If you live in the Sarasota area of Florida, contact our Palm Aire location online or at 941-351-4468 or our South Trail office at 941-366-3636. If you live in or around Florida, please contact us online or at 941-497-5451. Our three convenient locations serve the Sarasota, and Bradenton area of Florida.
Sometimes referred to as “caps” because they cover and protect teeth, dental crowns provide increased stability and a new surface to weak and damaged teeth. Depending on your unique needs, one of our experienced dentists may recommend a dental crown to protect a tooth that is:
- Suffering from failing fillings
- Oddly shaped
- Severely stained
- Severely worn
- Broken, cracked or chipped
- In need of protection after a root canal
Dental crowns are also placed on top of dental implants to replace a missing tooth or teeth.
In order to meet the diverse needs of our patients, we offer the following types of dental crowns:
- Porcelain crowns: Because it exhibits the same sheen and luster of natural dental enamel, porcelain crowns are the most attractive and natural-looking restorative option available today. Although dental porcelain is quite brittle on its own, it is remarkably hard and durable once it is bonded to your tooth.
- Gold crowns: Gold offers strength and stability. This type of crown rarely chips or breaks and may be appropriate for back teeth, where the force of chewing and biting are the greatest.
- Bruxzir crowns:
- Ceramic crowns:
A dental bridge is a prosthetic device that fills the gaps caused by missing teeth. It utilizes dental crowns to support a porcelain replacement tooth. The tooth crowns are placed over the teeth adjacent to the gap, thereby providing sturdy support of the replacement in between.
Dental bridges are typically recommended in order to:
- Replace one or several missing teeth
- Restore an aesthetically pleasing smile
- Restore your ability to chew
- Restore your ability to speak well
- Restore a comfortable bite position
- Prevent other teeth from shifting or tilting into the space left by the missing tooth
A dental bridge can conceal a gap left by missing teeth but it cannot prevent the natural bone loss that accompanies a missing tooth. Only dental implants can replace a tooth and effectively address bone loss. If you are missing teeth, the dentists at The Smile Centre will explain your tooth-replacement options and help you choose the right restoration for your expectations.
Longevity and Cost of Dental Crowns and Bridges
Crowns and bridges are generally expected to last between five and 10 years. Some last much longer. Our team will check your restorations during your routine dental appointments, and we'll let you know if there are any problems that would necessitate their replacement.
As for cost, you should first check your dental insurance policy for coverage. Call our office to find out if we currently accept your policy. The exact cost varies depending on the circumstances, including how many teeth are being treated and the material used. We will make sure you have a clear, accurate estimate when you visit us for a consultation, and that we discuss your payment and financing options.
Schedule Your Dental Crown or Dental Bridge Consultation Today
If you live in Sarasota, Bradenton, Florida and want to find out if a dental crown or bridge is right for you, call The Smile Centre today to schedule an initial consultation. If you live in the Sarasota area of Florida, contact our Palm Aire location online or at 941-351-4468 or our South Trail office at 941-366-3636. If you live in or around Florida, please contact us online or at 941-497-5451.