The short answer is yes, you can get dental implants for multiple missing teeth! When you visit one of our experienced dentists for a consultation, please let them know you are interested in dental implants. They can determine whether the multiple missing teeth can be replaced with this treatment. Furthermore, they will make sure you know all of your options and feel confident choosing what is right for you.
Dental implants have become a popular option in dental restoration, with over half a million implants placed every year in the United States. With the natural appearance and strong durability, dental implants may be your ideal option for a smile makeover!
To replace more than one tooth, dental implants can be used in the following ways:
- Single implant(s) topped with individual dental crown(s)
- A full denture anchored to multiple dental implants
- A dental bridge attached to multiple dental implants
The right restoration (crown, denture, or bridge) will depend on several factors. The location of the missing teeth and their proximity is one factor. We will also discuss which restoration is ideal for you and why we recommend each. If you are missing most of your teeth, then an option like an implant-supported denture may be appropriate for you.
Implant dentistry is advantageous for several reasons. Dental implants:
- Replace the missing tooth roots, as well as the visible part of the teeth
- Do not require support from surrounding teeth
- Sustain the density of the bone in which they are embedded
- Look, feel, and function like natural teeth
- Last for many years, potentially for an entire lifetime
- Do not slip, shift or move
- Provide optimal strength for chewing and biting
At The Smile Centre, we have seen just how powerful smile rejuvenation can be. If you are missing multiple teeth, you likely are experiencing problems when you try to bite, chew and pronounce certain words. On top of these functional issues, missing teeth tend to cause self-consciousness and hesitance to share your smile. We believe sharing and feeling good about your smile is an essential part of life! Let us help you decide if dental implants are the right way to get your smile back.
Learn More about Dental Implants
Ready to find out if dental implants for multiple missing teeth are the right way to restore your smile? Schedule a consultation with one of our experienced dentists in Sarasota or Venice: Call Palm Aire at 941-351-4468, or South Trail at 941-366-3636, or Venice at 941-497-5451.