Porcelain veneers are an amazing cosmetic dental solution for those who want to correct irregular tooth size, discoloration, and other imperfections. The best way to find out if you are a good candidate for porcelain veneers is to meet with one of our experienced dentists. At The Smile Centre, we are passionate about helping patients feel confident by giving them a beautiful, healthy smile.
As someone considering porcelain veneers, you may be an ideal candidate if you have:
- Moderately misshapen, crooked, or damaged teeth. Veneers are a great way to fix multiple cosmetic dental issues at once, including gaps between teeth, uneven tooth size, mild tooth crookedness, and small chips.
- Stained or discolored teeth. If you have severe stains that won’t respond to traditional teeth whitening methods, porcelain veneers can help make your smile appear brighter.
- Sufficient tooth enamel. Since veneers adhere to the enamel on the surface of a tooth, you must have a strong tooth structure to have them fitted. For those with significant tooth decay, a dental crown or bridge may be a better option.
- Normal tooth alignment. If you have severely misaligned teeth, you may benefit from orthodontics or other treatment options.
- Good oral health. To ensure the health of your gums and teeth, veneers can only be fitted if there are no signs of gum disease. Those with bruxism, or teeth grinding, may also need treatment before having porcelain veneers placed.
Overall, veneers are best for those with minor or moderate cosmetic issues that can’t be corrected with other treatments. In addition, our skilled dentists can fit your porcelain veneers in just two office visits.
Want to Know More About Your Candidacy for Porcelain Veneers?
If you want to learn more about the benefits of porcelain veneers and whether they are right for you, call The Smile Centre today to schedule a free consultation. You can contact our Palm Aire office at 941-351-4468 or our South Trail office at 941-366-3636. We are proud to serve patients living in Sarasota, Bradenton, Venice, and other nearby West Florida communities.