While some people may only have one issue they would like to address with their smile, others experience multiple problems that require a more comprehensive solution. As a multidisciplinary dental practice, The Smile Centre can address any issue, or combination of problems under one roof.
Whether you undergo a cosmetic makeover, a full mouth reconstruction or a blended solution that incorporates aspects of aesthetic and restorative procedures, we want you to have the healthiest and most beautiful smile possible.
Since no two patients, smiles or treatment plans are exactly the same, the first step toward your ideal smile begins with a personal consultation at the Smile Centre. To schedule your consultation, please call us today. If you live in the Sarasota area of Florida, contact our Palm Aire location online or at 941-351-4468 or our South Trail office at 941-366-3636. If you live in or around Florida, please contact us online or at 941-497-5451. Our three state-of-the-art offices help men and women from throughout Florida, including Sarasota, and Bradenton.
This page will discuss:
- What Is a Smile MakeOver?
- What Issues Can a Smile Makeover Correct?
- What Is Full Mouth Reconstruction?
- What Problems Can Full Mouth Reconstruction Treat?
- What Is Included In Full Mouth Reconstruction?
- What Are The Benefits of Dental Restoration?
- Why Choose The Smile Centre?
- Contact The Smile Centre Today
More than a single procedure, smile makeovers involve a combination of cosmetic dental procedures and treatments to treat multiple aesthetic flaws that affect your smile. A smile makeover is completely customized specifically for you, so two smile makeovers are identical. Depending on your unique oral structure and aesthetic goals, your smile makeover could involve procedures such as:
- Porcelain veneers: Sometimes referred to as “instant orthodontics” for their ability to conceal minor tooth misalignment without the time commitment of actual orthodontic work, porcelain veneers are ultra-thin shells that are bonded over the front of the teeth to hide a wide range of dental imperfections.
- Invisalign: If you have mild to moderate tooth-alignment issues but don’t want to deal with the time, discomfort and unattractive appearance of traditional metal braces, Invisalign may be your ideal solution. Invisalign’s custom, removable, soft plastic trays are comfortable, convenient and virtually invisible.
- Gum recontouring: If you have a “gummy smile” and feel that your gums are too prominent or your teeth look too short, The Smile Centre can help with gum recontouring.
- Teeth whitening: We proudly offer both in-office professional tooth whitening and take-home teeth whitening kits to help you brighten any room with your new gleaming smile.
- Dental bonding: This treatment can address teeth that are broken, cracked or chipped. It can also protect teeth harmed by decay or trauma.
- Tooth-colored fillings: Customized to match the color of your natural teeth, fillings restore strength to teeth with cavities and prevent further spread of decay.
The procedures included in your smile makeover will be determined collaboratively by you and one of the experienced dentists at The Smile Centre. We will thoroughly evaluate the state of your teeth and gums, answer your questions and address your concerns. Together, you and your dentist will design a customized treatment plan that will accomplish your goals.
If you are dissatisfied with multiple aesthetic aspects of your teeth and gums, a smile makeover may be an ideal solution to achieve a smile you can be proud to share and boost your self-esteem. The issues addressed in your smile makeover will depend on the individual characteristics of your smile and your individual goals. Depending on your unique needs, a smile make over can correct:
- Chipped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Stained teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Mildly crooked teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Uneven teeth
- Gummy smiles
The smile makeover procedures performed The Smile Centre are completely collaborative. Starting with your initial consultation, we will work closely with you to understand your goals, carefully explain all of your treatment options and recommend the procedures that can best meet your individual needs.
Your input is essential in each step of the smile makeover process. We will never try to pressure you into any procedure or rush you into a making a decision. We will explain the benefits and considerations of each procedure and guide you through the process with honesty and integrity.
Full mouth reconstruction is like a smile makeover, plus more. While smile makeovers encompass a wide range of cosmetic dental procedures to improve the appearance of your smile, a full mouth reconstruction may include a smile makeover in addition to procedures that deal with jaw alignment and dental health issues.
Full mouth reconstruction involves the combination of multiple restorative, neuromuscular and general dentistry dental procedures. The objective is to not only restore the aesthetic appearance of your smile, but to also strengthen the structure and functionality of your teeth.
Full mouth restorations are often crucial for a patient’s overall well-being due to the interconnected nature of oral health. For example, if you suffer from a chipped tooth, it can lead to problems with your bite. Bite issues can cause chewing difficulties, which in turn can lead to excess wear on other teeth. Misaligned bites are linked with a myriad of other issues, many of which are associated with problems such as headaches, jaw soreness, neck pain and even poor posture.
Full mouth reconstruction provides a fully customized, comprehensive solution to a variety of dental problems, helping to restore your mouth’s total health, beauty and function. Because every patient has unique needs, every full mouth reconstruction is also unique. Depending on your specific situation, your full mouth reconstruction may include:
- Dental implants: The strongest tooth-replacement option available, dental implants replace your tooth’s root, providing superior strength and functionality.
- Dental crowns and bridges: Crowns are used to restore strength and protect teeth that suffer from damage or decay. They are also placed with dental implants for tooth-replacement.
- Orthodontics: If you have tooth-alignment issues, The Smile Centre offers a variety of orthodontic treatments, including Invisalign and traditional metal braces.
- Gum disease treatment: Healthy gums are the foundation for healthy teeth. Gum disease treatment may be necessary before some other treatments can even begin.
- Sleep apnea treatment: If your oral structure is causing you to snore excessively, gasp for breath during slumber or inhibiting your ability to get a good night’s rest, sleep apnea treatment may be able to correct your sleep issues and improve the quality of your sleep.
- TMJ/TMD treatment: TMJ disorder involves problems related to the temporomandibular joint in your jaw. When this joint is out of alignment, it can cause a number of unpleasant symptoms, including migraine-like headaches, jaw pain, back problems and more.
Your first step toward a fully-restored and healthy mouth begins with a confidential consultation with one of our experienced dentists. During this initial consult, your current oral health will be evaluated, your medical history will be reviewed and your optimal bite will be determined. We will then explain all of your treatment options and recommend a plan that best meets your goals.
Full mouth reconstructions are an ideal treatment option for people who suffer from the following aesthetic flaws:
- Tooth decay
- Tooth fractures
- Root canal infections
- Teeth grinding (bruxism)
- TMJ disorders
- Gum disease
- Missing teeth
Full mouth dental restoration provides a variety of physical and mental health benefits, including:
- Improved self-esteem: When you feel confident in the health and beauty of your smile, the real you can shine through more easily. Your newfound confidence can help you feel better about yourself and improve the quality of your personal and professional interactions.
- Better sleep: Snoring and sleep problems are common symptoms of sleep apnea, and your oral health could be the culprit. When your quality of sleep diminishes, you are vulnerable to a number of related health issues. Sleep apnea has been linked to a heightened risk for obesity, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and more.
- Enhanced concentration: Along with better sleep and improved oral health comes the ability to concentrate more easily on your daily tasks throughout the day.
- Improved oral health: Threats to your oral health such as tooth decay, plaque and gum disease are the result of unhealthy bacteria. Improvements to the health, structure and strength of your teeth and gums will enhance your overall oral health.
- Improved general health: The link between your oral health and general health cannot be overstated. A healthy mouth reduces your risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes and even cancer. A strong mouth can also keep your food options open and increase your ability to enjoy a healthy, well-balanced diet. Proper nutrition can affect your energy levels, ability to exercise and your overall health.
At The Smile Centre, we believe that you deserve to have a healthy, dazzling smile that reflects your inner beauty and confidence. Led by experienced cosmetic and reconstructive dentist Dr. Richard Stanley, we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of comprehensive dental care available in a warm and friendly environment. The entire team at The Smile Centre is passionate about dentistry. We are committed to delivering exceptional patient care and results that are second to none.
If you live in or around Sarasota, Bradenton, Florida and would like to discuss your smile makeover or full mouth reconstruction options, call The Smile Centre today to schedule an initial consultation. If you live in the Sarasota area of Florida, contact our Palm Aire location online or at 941-351-4468 or our South Trail office at 941-366-3636. If you live in or around Florida, please contact us online or at 941-497-5451.